Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Memorial Weekend Day 2



Sunday morning, we skipped church and went to find the balloons. (Funny story, Mattie interrupted children's minute to tell the church that Wallace skipped church to chase balloons). On Sunday, they fly into the park and try to grab a key off of a pole. Instead of going into the park, we chased the balloons. First we found them over the river.
Then we drove out to the local airport, Pryor Field and lots were landing there.
LOVE this picture of the boys running to the balloon.
We made some nice new friends and they let us help put the balloon up.

Then we watched Emma-Glenn's favorite balloon, "the polka dot balloon" land. The nice pilot gave all the kids hats and the other pilot gave us all pins to put on the hat. That is so fun for me because I have a hat hat has TONS of pins on it! I know I am a dork!
The new hats.
After breakfast at Jacks, we headed out to the park and the kids played a while.
Then we headed to Gigi and Sir's house for a water balloon fight.
And monster popsicles.
After lunch and naps, we were playing in the back yard waiting to eat dinner and saw balloons flying again. So what did we do....went to chase them again!!
This is one of my favorite balloons....and not just because it used to be my aunts.
We watched this balloon land before heading home.
The boys had the best spot, on the back of my car.
After dinner, Emma-Glenn went home with daddy and we all headed to the park for the fireworks. This was Wallace's first time to see them!
As soon as we got into the park, we had to buy these.
Halfway through the fireworks, Wallace asked me if they were over. He was one tired boy but such a trooper!!!
I love this picture of Soles....WORN.OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment