Thursday, July 14, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Random
Who doesn't wear their helmets when they read books? Always prepared :)
After I got back from my girls weekend, it was FINALLY time for Wallace to take swimming lessons. He was so excited and has talked about it all summer...until we got there and he cried and wanted to sit with me. I had to go and hide while he had his first lesson. After that, he was fine with me watching.
Ms. Leigh taught Wallace his lessons and 25 years ago taught me swimming lessons too!
Swimming to the bottom to get a diving stick.
So proud of himself!
Sliding and swimming to the steps. Now he can do it all by himself!
Floating on his back didn't go so well, but he tried!
Swimming
One, Two, Three!
GOOOOO. This time, Ms. Leigh was waiting to help him swim to the side but Wallace decided to get REAL brave and jump without her there to help him and it scared him! He cried and didn't want to do it again but he did it one more time for the day. So brave! Swimming lessons were a success but we still need to practice. The best lesson I think he learned was that he is not as big as he thinks he is and still needs help sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment