Monday, February 14, 2011

Singing in Church and the PIG

Sunday was Wallace's first time to sing in church. After his performance at the Christmas program, I wasn't sure we were ready to sing in the sanctuary! He told me he couldn't sing because it would make him cough but he got up there and totally zoned out!
Finally, he decided to wake up and move a little to the song (which was what he was supposed to be doing).
I think this was about the time he looked at Whitt and said "daddy, I got to go tee tee". Thankfully he made it to the end of the song and then Whitt hurried to get him and ran to the bathroom...just in time :) I cannot believe he is big enough to be doing this! So proud of my boy!
Sunday was such a beautiful, warm day so we went outside after church to play in the backyard and this is what we saw in our alley....yes, it is a pig!
It is a pretty cute pig but not when it is rooting around in your yard.
Emma-Glenn and Wallace LOVED the pig.
Emma-Glenn even showed it her button.
Wallace let it read his Valentine card.
After playing with the pig, Wallace did a little tree climbing,

and sister did a little sliding...
juice box and all.
What a fun day to be outside. It has us wishing for Spring!
Speaking of Spring, I found these among all the leaves!

After resting for a little while, Wallace wanted to go to the park with me. Emma-Glenn was still asleep so Wallace said "dada, you stay here and take care of Emma-Glenn" and then turned to me and said, "it's ok mama, I know you will miss her". After we went to the park, we went to the trails and walked down by the river to see what we could find. Wallace had so much fun throwing rocks in the river, digging in the sand, and pretending to be a pirate. I turned around at one point and he was holding a dead fish. Next time I will definitely have my camera! What a fun day with my boy...he is growing up and I'm not sure how much longer it will be cool to hang with mom :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a pig! Ha! I'm proud of Wallace getting up there and singing. Chambless told me he wanted to watch them. So we sat and watched them!

    ReplyDelete