Friday, December 3, 2010

ER Visit

Tuesday, Whitt had to leave town for business. That night I thought we would eat an early dinner and go to bed early. We were done with dinner by 5:30 so I thought we were doing good. Wallace was supposed to be finishing up while I brought Emma-Glenn to the den and all of a sudden I heard an AWFUL scream! I met Wallace in the kitchen and his mouth was full of blood. I could see he had bitten through his mouth and the inside of his lip was wide open. I immediately called my mom to come get us and we ended up here...
Decatur General's ER.
He has told me several stories of what happened but I am not real sure. Story 1: he was running and fell into the tv cabinet. Story 2: he stepped on a ball and fell into the tv cabinet. So we will never know exactly what happened but the end result was he somehow fell into the tv cabinet and ended up here!
They laid him on the bed so they could see his mouth better.
Our doctor was so friendly and made Wallace feel at ease.
By the end, we even had a smile. He put some glue on the outside of his mouth and said the inside would have to heal on its own. We were in and out in an hour/hour and a half.
Since daddy was gone, I got some good snuggles from my boy that night!
The morning after he looked pretty rough. He got to stay home from school and have a lazy day with mommy and sister. He was such a big boy at the ER and I couldn't have been more proud of my boy!

Sooooo they said to not get the glue wet and it should be there for a week but yesterday (Thursday) he pulled the glue off of his chin. I am ready for Daddy to get home....mommy needs a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment