Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BIG BOY BED

Sooooo we finally decided that we would give the big boy bed a try. Wallace was so excited helping Dada put the rails together and bringing in the bed and mattresses.
A work in progress
The bed is together, sheets are on, his "mankes" (blankets), dada elephant, and raffe the giraffe are all in the bed and Wallace is getting the low down on the rules of the big boy bed!
We have had our bath and are VERY excited about our new bed
A little milk and a few stories then lights out! I got him settled down then left the room. He went right to sleep and slept all night.
When I went to check on him, this is what I found! Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby....I mean big boy :)

Too bad nap time the next day and bed time the next night weren't quite so easy but once he went to bed, he did sleep all night! Now we just have to learn to stay in our bed! We are so proud of our big boy!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, our rule is that you can get out of the bed, but you have to stay in the room. Sometimes, he roams around, gets a new book, etc, but he hasn't ever fallen asleep on the floor. He always gets back in the bed. Now, I even leave the door open when I put him to bed and he stays in there. Glad he's liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he is so big already! SCARY! And so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete